Job opportunity: Senior Full Stack Developer
Vacancy: 32 - 40 hours
Location: Eelde / Airport Groningen (flexibility in work location and remote during Covid-19 time)
You are a strong, proactive team player that is a self-starter and a problem solver.You will easily keep the overview and get energy from being part of different solutions we are working on. You are open-minded, approachable and communicate with internal stakeholders. You have the ability to understand user needs and think strategically about business opportunities. You will be responsible for building modern APIs and integrations in a microservices architecture using Python and PostgreSQL. You will be building reusable, testable components and libraries for future use, making sure that your work is robust, testable and easy to maintain. You will be integrating with various components in the platform and releasing the solutions you made to production with the help of your team members. You will be managing development cycles, maintaining our platform, and keeping customer data secure. Of course you will do this in collaboration with technical colleagues such as a front-end and a back-end developer.
Requirements & Qualifications
- BSc or MSc in Computer Science or similar.
- Strong proficiency in Python and databases.
- Experience with designing and implementing microservices.
- Experience with test automation: unit/integration/functional testing.
- Experienced with CI/CD processes and modern build pipelines and tools.
Tasks & Responsibilities
- Work closely with the development team and the internal stakeholders
- Create, extend and maintain database schemes, APIs and integrations with various (third party) systems in the platform
- Building reusable backend and frontend components, and libraries for future use
- Creating automated tests for your code
- Writing and keeping documentation up to date
- Improve and maintain code quality within the team (e.g., code reviews, linting, etc)
- Building reusable components and libraries for future use
- Fluent in English and preferably in Dutch
Nice to haves
- Experience with GIS
- Background in Computer Graphics/rendering
- Experience working in an agile environment
- Experience with AWS; familiarity with ECS, Lambda, API Gateway, RDS is a plus
- Familiarity with current specifications of EcmaScript, HTML and CSS
If you are looking for a job with lots of opportunities to grow and expand your skills and interests, please let us know by sending your resume and a motivation letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Acquisition in response to this vacancy is not appreciated.